Technical Coordinator – Rigging and Events
Sydney’s premier entertainment venue, Qudos Bank Arena, is looking to appoint an experienced “Technical Coordinator – Rigging and Events” to join their Technical Team.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this newly created role is responsible for the supervision of all event and in house rigging. This role will interact with the Hirer’s production representatives, contractors and various internal departments to ensure all event and production rigging requirements are completed on time and within all relevant standards, regulations and procedures. Further, the role will provide general support to arena and business events functions and front of house technical operations and undertake any special projects when directed to do so by the Technical Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise all rigging calls including event load ins and load outs, working closely with the Arena’s rigging contractor.
- Liaise with a Hirer’s production representatives and contractors in regards to the technical aspects of their events.
- Assess rigging plans and their suitability in relation to the Arena’s rigging guidelines.
- Draw and amend rigging plots and floor plans for events and prospective events using AutoCad.
- Undertake work at heights including rigging to the Arena’s structural beams as and when required.
- Coordinate with the rigging contractor the fulfilment of rosters and ensure appropriate levels of staff.
- Coordinate the programmed and ongoing maintenance and inspections of all arena owned rigging equipment.
- Oversee the setting up of the Arena’s equipment including the rigging of curtains, building of stages, setting of retractable and floor seating, barricades, sporting equipment and any other production requirements for an event.
- Be accountable for all casual technical staff under the direct control of this position, ensuring all staff follow company procedures, including the taking of breaks, radio protocol, dress and presentation, and the signing of time sheets.
- Attend event and production meetings for events and functions as required.
- Assist and adhere to compliance with policies and procedures ensuring safe and efficient running of all events and functions.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence required.
- National Licence to Perform High Risk Work – Advanced Rigging required.
- National Licence to Perform High Risk Work – EWP required.
- National Licence to Perform High Risk Work – Forklift licence required.
- Yellow Card (Scissor Lift) required.
- Proven experience with supervision of staff in a live event setting.
- Knowledge of AutoCad desired.
- Experience with MS Office and general computer knowledge desired.
How to apply?
To apply, please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com