Allphones Arena (Acer Arena became Allphones Arena on 1st September) holds its global position amongst the top arenas in the world on the back of the nominations announcement of the 2011 Billboard Touring Awards. Allphones Arena is again a finalist in the Top Arena category alongside The 02 Arena in London.
This is the third year in a row that the arena has been a finalist and for the first time is up against its Melbourne cousin Rod Laver Arena.
Billboard Touring Awards finalists for Top Arena are Allphones Arena, The O2 and Rod Laver Arena. Winners will be announced at the Billboard Touring Awards on 10 November in New York. All awards are judged on a time period between 1 October, 2010 and 30 September, 2011.
Allphones Arena is Sydney’s #1 entertainment venue, the must play venue hosting the biggest artists and entertainment shows that come to the city of Sydney. Famous for it’s diverse entertainment acts, over the past 12 months Allphones Arena has played host to Metallica, Rihanna, The Eagles, Muse, The Wiggles, Linkin Park, Michael Bublé, Lionel Richie, Alan Jackson, Usher, Santana, Neil Diamond, Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, Miley Cyrus and Powderfinger to name a few. Disney on Ice, Walking with Dinosaurs and the return of Cirque du Soleil with its much-loved show Saltimbanco extended the variety on offer in the period.
Paul Sergeant, Allphones Arena General Manager said “The past twelve months has provided music lovers with an incredible array of global superstars. We are thrilled to be nominated for a third consecutive year and, along with our colleagues from Melbourne, it shows just how strong and well regarded the live music scene is viewed around the World. We’re here to serve all and thank our promoters for their fantastic support”.
Allphones Arena is managed by AEG Ogden, the leading venue management company in the Asia Pacific region.
For the full list of finalists, click here.
Allphones Arena Facts
- Located at Sydney Olympic Park which enjoys 10 million visitors per year
- Ranked #2 in the world behind The O2 in London and ahead of Madison Square Garden (Venues Today – June 2011(revenue turnover)
- Nominated for Best International Venue by US industry bible Billboard magazine in 2009 & 2010
- Consistently a Top 10 arena globally since 2005
- 85-110 events per year
- Attracts 1 million patrons per year
- Enjoys 2.9 billion impressions in total per annum
- Patrons spend $85,000,000 a year on tickets, merchandise and catering
- Australian Caterer of the Year (2010 Restaurant & Catering National Awards for Excellence)
- Owned by Nine Entertainment Co.
- Managed by AEG Ogden