SPECIAL NEEDS FACILITIES
Qudos Bank Arena strives to ensure all patrons have a thoroughly enjoyable event experience each and every time they attend the venue. Accessibility to all major event facilities for patrons with special needs is easy at Qudos Bank Arena. Outlined below is a brief summary of the major design elements and facilities incorporated for people with special needs:
- Wheelchair positions are configured to enable wheelchair patrons and their companion to sit together.
- Qudos Bank Arena has been designed with three main public points of entry that are fully accessible; the Grand Foyer, the Northern Foyer and the Corporate Suite Guest Entrance. All levels of the building are accessible via lifts located adjacent to each entry and all patron lifts are fully accessible.
- Accessible facilities are provided in change rooms for teams, officials and performers. All access ramps longer than 5 metres are wide enough to allow two wheelchairs to pass simultaneously at any location along the path of travel.
- Turnstiles are configured to enable wheelchair patron access into Qudos Bank Arena via mainstream routes.
- Signage and direction devices have been designed with 306 colour contrasts for sight impaired patrons. Counters at ticket windows and food concession outlets are provided at a height accessible for wheelchair use.
- All restroom facilities have been designed for patrons with special needs and are easily accessible on every level.
- Service Animals (trained Guide Dogs) are always welcome at the Qudos Bank Arena.
Purchasing accessible/disabled tickets and pre-book parking
Ticketek has a dedicated Disability telephone line where patrons can book up to 2 tickets in the Special Needs Area. Please contact the Ticketek on 1300 665 915 (Monday – Saturday 9am –9pm and Sunday 9am – 5pm) or visit www.ticketek.com.au for more information.
Please note that for parking, a copy of your mobility certificate will be required and please remember to have your RTA permit displayed. You must book at least 10 working days prior to the event to allow for delivery of your parking ticket by mail. Pre booked accessible parking costs $12.50 (plus booking fee).