Workplace Safetly Policy
Qudos Bank Arena Workplace Safety Policy
Qudos Bank Arena has a responsibility to protect the health and safety of all employees, contractors, visitors and volunteers by providing a safe and enjoyable workplace. The Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011, and Regulations 2011, relate to all persons who enter the venue or are affected by our activities as a PCBU (Person Undertaking a Business or Undertaking). Management and staff understand that they have a non-transferrable ‘duty of care’ to protect persons from harm, injury, illness or abuse.
Qudos Bank Arena manages our workplace responsibility in a consultative manner with all stakeholders, according to the Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems outlined in AS/NZS 4801:2001.
The promotion of safe work practices is demonstrated by:
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Legislation, Standards and best practices.
- Ensuring that all employees, contractors and other service personnel have undergone a Venue Safety Induction that informs them about first aid response, emergency evacuation and venue Policies.
- Providing safe work conditions and safe systems of work.
- Providing opportunities for our staff to up-skill through structured training modules.
- Ensuring staff and contractors have undertaken training and are competent to undertake their roles and responsibilities.
- Encouraging staff and stakeholders to be involved in the consultation process for the development and implementation of written procedures and instructions for our WHS Polices.
- Providing training, resources, mentoring, support and finance for Managers / Supervisors / Team Leaders to fulfil their obligations as set out in the WHS Act and Regulations.
The identification and assessing of workplace hazards is demonstrated by:
- The assessment of risks being undertaken by competent persons and preparation of SWMS.
- Identifying and reporting hazards immediately as they come under notice.
- All staff being involved in providing practicable and sustainable hazard reduction solutions.
- All stakeholders actively promoting safe work practices by their own competence and compliance.