What We’re Doing
Qudos Bank Arena are committed to reducing our environmental impact. We do so through ongoing efforts to save energy and water, recycle, purchase environmentally preferable products, and help raise awareness of environmental issues.
In 2016, 2.15 tonnes of edible food that consisted of unserved buffet leftovers and surplus fruit & vegetables from landfill to an organisation called Oz Harvest. An Australian organisation that rescue perishable and surplus food from commercial outlets and deliver it, direct and free of charge to over 800 charities.
Qudos Bank Arena is proud to participate in AEG 1EARTH
, AEG’s corporate environmental sustainability program. Through AEG 1EARTH, we:
- Exchange environmental best practices with other venues
- Staff participate in community clean ups
- Track our environmental performance on a monthly basis, measuring energy consumption, water usage, and waste diversion
- Contribute to AEG’s progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals
To learn more about AEG’s sustainability efforts and progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals, please visit the AEG 1EARTH website
and read AEG’s Sustainability Report
What You Can Do
We’re doing our best to reduce our environmental impact and hope you will join us in our efforts.
Here are a few tips to make your visit to Qudos Bank Arena more environmentally friendly:
- Consider walking, biking, taking public transport, or carpooling to avoid traffic, save on petrol and parking, and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Help us increase our recycling rate by placing all waste and recyclables into designated repositories – if you’re not sure where to put something, feel free to ask
- Turn off water taps when you’re finished – let us know if you spot any leaks
- Use only as many disposable items (e.g., paper towels, napkins, utensils) as you need