Conditions Of Entry
‘Event’ means an event conducted at the Venue;
‘Hirer’ means an entity licensed to use the Venue to present the Event;
‘Manager’ means the manager of the Venue or any of their respective Agents;
‘Patron’ means any person who enters the Venue at any time, whether as a ticketholder or otherwise;
‘Venue’ QUDOS BANK ARENA
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Patrons entering the Venue must have a valid Event ticket. All Patrons must have their ticket scanned at the dedicated entrances.
- Patrons are not permitted to line up at the Venue before 8:00am on the day of the Event. Patrons who arrive prior to 8:00am may be requested to leave site.
- On arrival and for the purposes of entry into the Venue for the Event, the Venue may exchange a General Admission ticket for a wristband.
- Any person entering or attempting to enter the Venue without prior authorisation or not in possession of a valid ticket to attend an Event, will be liable for prosecution.
- Tickets sold, purchased or used in breach of the terms and conditions of sale may be cancelled without refund or the ticket holder may be refused entry. If a Patron holds a ticket acquired in breach of the terms and conditions of sale, including being purchased at a premium or from an unauthorised point of sale, the Patron may be refused admission to the Venue. Patrons purchasing tickets via a third-party seller (reseller) in excess of 10% of the face value of the ticket, are liable for prosecution. Any issues with tickets purchased via a third-party seller (reseller) must be referred to their original point of purchase.
- A Patron holding a ticket purchased for a ticketed Event at a concessional price must produce their proof of age, or documentation justifying the concession, when the ticket is presented for use or entry.
- Patrons who have been issued with a complimentary carers ticket must collect the ticket from the Venue’s Ticket Box Office on the day of the Event. The holder of the Government issued Companion Card must be in attendance. The holder must present their Companion Card at the Box Office to receive the complimentary ticket.
- Please be aware that Qudos Bank Arena is a CASH-FREE venue. EFTPOS and credit card payment methods are accepted including Paywave and Apple Pay technologies at all merchandise and concession stands. If you do not have a credit/debit card, you can visit our Information Desk and they will provide you with an EFTPOS card for use whilst at the Arena.
- Patrons who are late for an Event may not be admitted until there is a suitable break in the Event. The Patron must only occupy the seat specified on their ticket.
- The Hirer is responsible for all aspects of an Event. All complaints and claims arising out of or in connection with an Event, including but not limited to, admittance and seating at the Event, shall be directed to the Hirer.
- If under the legal drinking age, a Patron shall not attempt to purchase and/or consume any alcohol at the Venue. If of legal drinking age, the Patron shall not consume such quantity of alcohol which would be unlawful. As the Venue is a licensed premises:
(i) Alcoholic beverages must not be taken from the Venue.
(ii) No external alcoholic beverages will be permitted entry to the Venue.
(iii) Intoxicated and/or disorderly persons will be refused entry or evicted from the Venue.
(iv) Alcohol may not be permitted inside the Venue and/or main auditorium or seating bowl at some Events.
(v) It is an offence for minors to purchase and/or consume alcohol.
(vi) It is an offence to purchase liquor for, or to supply liquor to a minor.
(vii) Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to Police. Penalties apply under relevant legislation.
- On occasions there will be a requirement for all drinks to be decanted. Patrons are advised that drink spillages could occur in which case the floor may become slippery.
- Patrons are required to be aware that once inside the Main Auditorium lighting levels may vary.
- Patrons required to show a valid identification (ID) as proof of identity must produce one of the following:
(i) A valid Passport with a photograph
(ii) A valid Australian Drivers Licence
(iii) A valid Proof of Age or Photo Card
- For the safety of Patrons during the course of an Event, strollers and prams will not be permitted entry into the seating bowl. Patrons will be directed to the Cloakroom to have the pram or stroller cloaked.
- Any Patron aged 15 years or under, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Venue except for those specifically designated as a smoking area. Smoking includes the use of electronic cigarettes and other electronic imitations or simulation devices. Patrons who fail to obey a direction from authorised person/s to cease smoking, may be immediately evicted from the Venue.
- The Hirer, its agents, or the Manager may, in their absolute discretion, conduct searches of Patrons for any items which are prohibited by law or prohibited by these Conditions of Entry. Depending on the Event, walkthrough metal detectors, x-ray machines, visual searches, handheld metal detectors, bag searches and external pat-downs of persons are types of methods which may be used to search Patrons attending the Venue.
- Unless expressly authorised by the Manager, possession of the following items is prohibited at the Venue:
(i) All professional cameras (those with detachable lenses or telephoto lenses);
(ii) Audio/visual recording devices;
(iii) Selfie sticks, monopods and tripods;
(iv) Drones or other remote controlled devices;
(v) Broadcasting or transmission equipment;
(vi) All electronic tablets measuring greater than 170mm diagonally*;
(vii) Cans, bottles (including glass or metal) and containers;
(viii) Eskies or hard cased cooler bags;
(ix) External/Commercial food and drink. Patrons are permitted to enter with a limit of one sealed 600mL PET bottle of water, per person, except when there is a ‘Full Decant’ policy in place for any given Event;
(x) Bags larger than A5 sizing (15cm x 20cm) in seated areas*;
(xi) Bags larger than A5 sizing (15cm x 20cm) for a general admission standing floor*;
(xii) Backpacks of all sizes*;
(xiii) Alcohol and e-cigarettes;
(xiv) Illegal or illicit substances;
(xv) Chewing gum;
(xvi) Liquids greater than 100ml (e.g. perfumes and aftershaves etc);
(xvii) Large spiked wrist or neck bands, spiked or studded belts;
(xviii) Knives, weapons, scissors and chains;
(xix) Lasers and laser pointers;
(xx) Glo-sticks and other such illuminating objects;
(xxi) Permanent marker or felt type pens;
(xxii) Aerosol canisters;
(xxiii) Musical instruments including horns, trumpets, sirens or other noise making devices;
(xxiv) Banners, posters, flags or signs larger than an A3 sheet of paper:
(xxv) The Manager has the right to review content and has the right to refuse lewd or offensive material of any items or clothing entering the Venue;
(xxvi) Fireworks or flares;
(xxvii) Motorbike helmets or any face coverings deemed inappropriate by the Manager;
(xxviii) Large umbrellas (longer than 300mm when in the closed position);
(xxix) Bicycles, skateboards or skates;
(xxx) Animals (excluding service animals); and
(xxxi) Any other item deemed by the Manager in its absolute discretion, to be inappropriate, illegal, unsafe or hazardous in any way, other than for medical purposes.
*other than for medical purposes
- The Manager reserves the right to, at any time, add items to the prohibited items list.
- Patrons with any items found to be in breach of these Conditions of Entry may have the items confiscated, be given the option of securing the item themselves, or allowed to utilise the Venue’s Cloakroom facilities. All items checked into the Cloakroom will be subject to a security search prior to cloaking.
- Patrons are responsible for their own personal possessions and must not leave bags or possessions unattended at any time.
- All Patrons must wear appropriate attire for a public place at all times, including footwear. Any clothing with lewd or offensive writing, images or imprints may not be worn at the Venue. As designated by federal police The Manager reserves the right to determine whether attire and footwear is appropriate to access the Venue, including in regards to accessing a general admission standing floor and corporate areas.
- A Patron shall not transmit or aid in transmitting any description, picture, account or reproduction of an Event without the authorisation of the Hirer and the Manager. If the Patron makes such a transmission, description, picture, account or reproduction of an Event which is subsequently confiscated by the Hirer or the Manager or their agents, it shall become the property of the Manager. The Manager, the Hirer, their agents and licensees may utilise the Patrons image or likeness incidental to any photographic record, live or recorded video display or any other visual or audio transmission or reproduction in whole or in part of the Event.
- Patrons voluntarily assume all risk of all damage and loss – including property damage, personal injury (fatal and non-fatal), economic and consequential loss – whatsoever and howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Venue including damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other Patrons including employees, agents or licensees of the Manager or Hirer or any other person or thing present at the Venue. The movement of Patrons within the Venue and its surrounds will be subject to the monitoring by CCTV cameras, in combination with facial recognition technology.
- For safety and security purposes, Body Worn Video Cameras (BWVC’s) are in operation at the Venue. BWVC’s may film, photograph and record audio of any Patron while at the Venue.
- By entering the Venue you consent to allowing the use of your image in relation to artist content and/or promotional purposes.
- Medical Conditions – If you have a medical condition that requires you to carry medication (i.e. Epi-Pens, insulin pens, syringes etc.) or if you have a medical insert such as a pacemaker, please let security personnel know upon arrival. The Venue has a First Aid team on duty at every Event, should you require medical assistance or observe someone you believe requires medical assistance, please advise a Venue team member immediately. The Venue has a duty of care to its Patrons and staff and may escalate a medical incident to the Ambulance Service if they determine they are required. Should any Patron require or receive medical treatment while at the Venue, it is imperative that the Patron take all reasonable steps to notify the Manager of the circumstances of the incident and the treatment required or received. The Manager will keep a record of all incidents and treatments, which will be handled confidentially and sensitively. At all times the overriding priority is the health and safety of all Venue staff and Patrons.
- Patrons may not bring animals into the Venue other than an assistance animal in the company of its registered owner. Service animals must display a companion vest/lead for ease of identification.
- Patrons of the Venue must not solicit, display, attempt to sell or distribute any goods or advertising, promotional or political materials (or similar) to any other person.
- The distribution of leaflets, selling of any goods, merchandise tickets or collections at the Venue is prohibited without the appropriate license and the expressed permission of the Manager.
- The Hirer and the Manager reserve the right to refuse admission to, or eject from, the Venue without compensation, any Patron whose conduct is, or is deemed by the Hirer, the Manager or their agents, to be prohibited, unlawful, dangerous, disorderly or offensive, or who is not entitled to attend that Event – including those who enter a restricted access area or other area of the Venue which is generally not accessible to the general public.
- The Hirer reserves the right, to add, withdraw or substitute Event participants, and to vary seating arrangements, audience capacity, venues or program times as it deems necessary, and the Hirer’s exercise of this right shall not entitle the Patron to make any claim whatsoever against the Hirer or the Manager.
- The Hirer or Manager may cancel, delay, interrupt or stop the Event due to dangerous situations, adverse weather or any other causes beyond its reasonable control, and such cancellation, delay, interruption or stoppage of the Event shall not entitle the Patron to make any claim whatsoever against the Manager or against the Hirer except, in the case of the Hirer, for and limited to a ticket for a replacement Event if scheduled or a refund of the appropriate portion of the base price of the ticket if the Event is cancelled and not subsequently rescheduled.
- No refunds or exchanges are offered except in accordance with applicable laws and where expressly stated on the ticket. Refunds are made in accordance with the Live Performance Australia Code of Practice for Event Ticketing in Australia.
- A Patron who breaches these Conditions of Entry may be denied access to or evicted from the Venue and/or be banned from attending future Events at the Venue. A Patron may be asked for identification for the purpose of enforcing these Conditions of Entry, including prosecution or other law enforcement purposes.
- Patrons must not enter restricted areas without appropriate accreditation or approval from the Manager. Restricted areas include the field of play, performance areas or any other area deemed as restricted by the Manager or Hirer. Violators are subject to eviction and/or prosecution under relevant trespass legislation.
- The Venue has a strict NO PASS OUT POLICY. Once a Patron has exited the Venue, re-entry will be denied.
- By entering into the Venue, a Patron consents to these Conditions of Entry.
General Admission / Standing Patrons Regulations
Qudos Bank Arena is committed to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all patrons – Please see below for helpful safety tips whilst on the General Admission (GA) Standing Floor:
- No Moshing, crowd surfing and being elevated by others – any activities that are deemed to be dangerous may result in your eviction from the event and venue.
- You may experience overheating due to crowd density and / or dancing whilst on the GA Standing Floor which is done at your own risk.
- Make sure you keep well hydrated and if you require water, seek assistance from Arena staff. There are Free Water Hydration Stations located around the Arena – opposite Door 16 (Ground Level), Door 21 (Level 1) and Door 77 (Level 3)
- Take a break and move out of the crowd into the foyer areas or at the rear of the floor where there is more space.
- Look out each other! If you see someone around you in distress, seek assistance / alert ushering / security personnel immediately.
- Patrons must wear footwear at all times, bare feet will not be permitted.
- Medical First Aid staff are available at all times during the event and are positioned at either side of the floor area as well as adjacent to Door 4.
- Qudos Bank Arena Security operates to mitigate risks to patron safety. As such Qudos Bank Arena does not permit patrons to queue up for an event prior to 8am on the day of the event. Any person found to be camping for an event prior to 8am will be asked to move along and police may be called. Camping is deemed unauthorised access on enclosed lands and will be treated as intentional trespassing. Please note that the Sydney Olympic Park Authority holds its own strict rules and standards against camping within the precinct which may result in police involvement. Please find more information here.
- Any fan-made queueing system will be superseded by the Arenas GA queueing system at 8am. This queueing system is monitored by Security throughout the day with water and first aid amenities available.
- Please also note patrons under the age of 15 should not be left in the GA Queue without a responsible adult present. It is a condition of entry in the Arena that all personnel under the age of 15 be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Any items used whilst waiting in the GA Queue may be refused to be cloaked by the Arenas cloak room if deemed bulky or dangerous in nature. All items are subject to the cloak room fee which is donated to Qudos Bank Arena’s chosen Corporate and Social Responsibility partners.
The following prohibited items are not allowed in Qudos Bank Arena. These items may change, without notice and at the complete discretion of Management in conjunction with each event:
- All professional cameras (those with detachable lenses or telephoto lenses);
- iPads/tablets, laptops/personal computers or any mobile phone/device measuring greater than 170mm diagonally*;
- Audio/visual recording devices;
- Selfie sticks, monopods and tripods;
- Drones or other remote controlled devices;
- Broadcasting or transmission equipment;
- Cans, bottles (including glass, hard plastic or metal) and containers;
- Eskies or hard cased cooler bags;
- External/Commercial food and drink. Patrons are permitted to enter with a limit of one (1) sealed 600mL PET bottle of water, per person, except when there is a ‘Full Decant’ policy in place for any given event;
- Bags larger than A5 sizing / 15cm x 20cm in seated areas*;
- Bags larger than A5 sizing / 15cm x 20cm for a General Admission Standing Floor*;
- Backpacks of all sizes*;
- Alcohol and e-cigarettes;
- Illegal or illicit substances;
- Chewing gum;
- Liquids greater than 100ml (e.g. perfumes and aftershaves)
- Large, spiked wrist or neck bands, spiked or studded belts;
- Knives, weapons, scissors and chains;
- Lasers and laser pointers;
- Glo-sticks and other such illuminating objects;
- Permanent marker or felt type pens;
- Aerosol canisters;
- Musical instruments including horns, trumpets, sirens or other noise making devices;
- Banners, posters, flags or signs larger than an A3 sheet of paper:
- The manager has the right to review content and has the right to refuse lewd or offensive material of any items or clothing entering the Arena;
- Fireworks or flares;
- Motorbike helmets or any face coverings deemed inappropriate by the manager;
- Large umbrellas (longer than 300mm when in the closed position);
- Bicycles, skateboards or skates;
- Animals (excluding service animals); and
- Any other item deemed by the manager in its absolute discretion, to be inappropriate, illegal, unsafe or hazardous in any way other than for medical purposes.
*other than for medical purposes
Patrons entering Qudos Bank Arena are advised that:
- The Arena is a licensed area / premises
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry / evicted from the Arena / Licensed Premises
- No external alcoholic beverages will be permitted entry to the Arena / Licensed Premises
- Alcohol may not be permitted inside the Main Auditorium during some events
- The following forms of ID are acceptable within the Arena:
- A driver’s or rider’s license or permit (issued by an Australian State or Territory or any foreign country)
- Australian passport or a foreign passport issued by another country
- NSW photo card (issued by Roads and Maritime Services NSW)
- Proof of age card issued by a public authority of the commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person’s identity and age
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol
- It is an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol
- Checking procedures will apply at all entrances to prevent prohibited items from entering
- Drinks are required to be decanted into approved plastic cups for some events
Refusal of Entry
For the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all patrons, Qudos Bank Arena Management reserves the right to:
- Refuse Entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons
- Refuse entry of items which have the potential to cause injury or public nuisance
- Refuse entry to any person who purchases an event ticket from any unauthorised source, including a ticket scalper
- Refuse entry to any person who presents an invalid ticket
- Refuse Entry to any persons wearing ‘Colours’, ‘insignia’ or pictures signifying belonging to any Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs (OLMC’s) or other group as designated by Police
- Qudos Bank Arena has a NO PASS OUT POLICY; Once you leave the Arena, you will not be able to re-enter